Monday, April 22, 2013

My Hair Care Regimen


Hair Facts
-Hair type 4a
-Hair length is bra strap length (bsl)
-Transitioning from relaxed to texlax
-My hair is very thick but its manageble

Pre-Poo once a week with Coconut oil or Honey and Extra virgin olive oil(EVOO)

Shampoo once a week with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo

Clarify once a month with Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Creamy Aloe Shampoo

Deep Condition once a week with Elasta QP DPR 11 Deep Penetrating Conditioner w/ oils or Mixed Chicks

Co-Wash (if needed) with VO5 Moisture milk w/ oils or Herbal Essence Hello Hydration w/ oils
ORS Replenishing Conditioner(light protein)

Leave in Conditioner
Cantu Shea Butter Leave- in
Aphogee Leave in

Moisturizer every night with Elasta Qp Mango Butter & Olive Oil and seal with coconut oil

Moisturize my new growth daily with my moisturizing spritz which consist of aloe vera juice, glycerin, jojoba oil, avocado oil, rosemary essential oil and rose water



Protein treatment once a month with ORS Hair Mayo (moderate) w/ oils or Aphogee  keratin 2 minute reconstructor (light-can be done weekly)

-I stretch my relaxer at least 6 months or more

-I use Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Relaxer (box kit)

-I use a heat pass once a month

-I wear protective styles as often as possible

-Air dry (always)

-I oil my scalp every other day with castor oil



Heat Protector
Tresseme Heat protector

Different types of Oil that i use:
1.Vegetable Glycerin
2.JBCO(Jamaican Black castor oil) or Castor oil
3.Sweet almond oil
4.Coconut oil
5.Avocado oil
6.Jojoba oil
7.EVOO(Extra virgin olive oil)

Hair goal is to be Hip length.

Wish me luck!





7 comments:

  1. Is ORS the brand?? So you do relax your hair you're not natural...and protective styles us thus sew in and Braids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ORS is short for Organic root stimulator. I am relaxed but i am tansitioning to texlax(keeping texture in my hair). The main protective styles i wear are wigs that i make and high bun. I just added braids to my protective style.

      Delete
  2. Ok so these products I can get from Walmart...I'm thick every where but the top i was completely back natural curly but i put one perm in because i couldn't find anyone i felt comfortable with to do my hair i have Braids right now so i will try one of your wig videos later after i take my Braids out...i have the mannequin head already and glue lol thanks I'm excited

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get them also at target and beauty supply store. Yea after you take out your braids do a protein treatment, if you need it and give your hair a break again. I had the same problem i had a hard time trusting people with my hair. And now being on my hair journey i see that they didnt know how to take care of my hair properly.You can use castor oil to thicken up the rest of your hair. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi friends! The best hair removal clinic in Delhi is Klinik Esthetika , this clinic an use the laser technology to remove the hair, This clinic was removed my hair due to laser technology and I am looking smart and gorgeous. Thanks to Klinik Esthetika for Laser Hair Removal .

    ReplyDelete
  5. To administer proper care regimen to our crowning glory, it'd be best to first determine our hair type. There is proper treatment for dry hair, as well as, for oily scalp. And since your goal is to grow your hair even more, visiting your favorite salon might just be a great idea. They can treat your tresses every now and then to make sure that it'll grow healthy. But thank you for sharing your hair regimen with us!
    Nydia @ Teddie Kossof Salon Spa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you want to know all the more about itchy Scalp treatment, then go to Scalp treatment Delhi website page on how one can select the top bothersome scalp and dandruff for your needs and what it can accomplish for you.

    ReplyDelete